Student Research Steering Council Student Travel Funding: The 2013-2014 Student Research Steering Committee travel funds will be administered with support from the Research and Sponsored Programs Office. (24 October 2013)
Doreen J. Putrah Travel Fellowship for undergraduates: This travel fellowship supports student attendance at national or international professional conferences that have the potential of affecting that student's professional trajectory in science or mathematics. Eligibility criteria and funding limitations apply. (25 November)
Announcement [here] (PDF, 105 KB)
Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) serves and supports CI faculty and staff engaged in sponsored projects that promote research, scholarly and creative activities.
RSP is dedicated to the encouragement and support of all faculty and staff in the administration of research and sponsored programs. Working closely with the CI Foundation, the Senior Research Officer ensures that all agency guidelines and university policies are followed in the process of submitting proposals for grants and contracts.
RSP is responsible for overseeing three primary functions:
Research and Sponsored Programs staff review and recommend proposals for approval through the Proposal Administrative Review (PAR) process. During the PAR process, RSP ensures the accuracy of budgets, confirms eligibility, verifies demographic and sponsored activities data, and verifies that the proposal documents conform to the sponsor's formatting requirements. RSP responds to inquiries related to regulations of the various funding agencies and programs. Additionally, RSP facilitates award negotiations and acceptance.
Research and Sponsored Programs staff assist faculty and researchers in negotiating and executing contracts with sponsors (corporations, and local, state, and federal government agencies). RSP also facilitates discussion and negotiation of contractual clauses affecting intellectual property, confidentiality, publications, and any other contractual concerns. Contracts are reviewed and recommended for approval through the Proposal Administrative Review process (PAR), administered by RSP.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE ADMINISTRATION
RSP develops and administers policies and procedures that assure compliance with sponsor, campus, CSU, state, and federal government regulations. RSP oversees the primary compliance areas of responsible conduct of research, conflict of interest, and research involving human subjects. Additionally, RSP administers the campus Institutional Review Board (IRB) for the Protection of Human Subjects in Research.
RSP is dedicated to supporting CI faculty and staff by providing the following services:
- Ensuring campus-wide compliance with sponsor, CSU, state, and federal government regulations via policy development and implementation, and internal audits
- Analyzing program announcements/requests for proposals
- Overseeing the Proposal Administrative Review (PAR) process **
- Assisting with budget development
- Packaging proposals and electronic submission
- Advising in the planning, design, and development of grant/contract/research proposals
- Facilitating partnerships and collaborations with public and private agencies for
sponsored projects and community-based research
- Confirming demographic and sponsored activities data
- Assisting with the creation of charts, tables and graphs for integration into proposals
- Notifying the university community of new funding opportunities
- Providing grant-seeking and database subscription trainings
- Facilitating the acceptance of new awards including PI transition to post-award administration
- Providing training for supervision of student research
- IRB Principal Investigator Certification Online Training
- Providing training on use of IRB forms and IRB application preparation
If you have any questions regarding any of the above listed services, please feel free to contact us at any time.
As the first step in communicating your interest in applying for a grant or contract, please click on the menu link for our "Intent to Apply" form, or click here. Upon submission, a staff member will contact you with further instruction.