Division of Student Affairs
- Message from the Vice President
- Core Values
- Core Emphasis
- Feedback Form
Welcome to CSU Channel Islands (CI) where we place our students at the center of their educational experience. You have selected one of the most innovative and family-oriented institutions in the nation. CI will provide you with a stimulating curricular and co-curricular learning experience which will be complemented by our commitment to keep you, the student, at the center of our University mission.
The Division of Student Affairs’ (DSA) programs and services were created to assist you as you matriculate through CI. These programs have been intentionally created and designed to enhance your university learning experience. CI encourages an interactive and expansive learning environment where all students, regardless of their background, skill level or interests, can exchange ideas and philosophies in a civil and collegial manner while celebrating diversity as a source of renewal and vitality.
As a CSU Channel Islands’ Dolphin, you are encouraged to experience the total University. You chose CI because you wanted to experience something different. In the Division of Student Affairs, students indeed make the difference! What you choose to do, and the impact which you make at CI, are simply up to you! In accepting CI as your University you have, in effect, agreed to our core values of collaboration, commitment, integrity, diversity, and excellence.
Congratulations on choosing one of America’s most exciting and innovative universities, CSU Channel Islands! As a Dolphin you will experience the “CI Way” as well as what it means when we say “we are CI!”
Wm. Gregory Sawyer, Ph.D.
Division of Student Affairs
To be known nationally as university leaders in co-curricular education by providing needs-based programs and services that promote diversity, leadership, personal and civic responsibility and an appreciation of lifelong learning.
Placing students at the center of their educational experience, the Division of Student Affairs supports and enhances learning and the University community through quality co-curricular programs, activities, facilities, and services.
- To recruit, enroll, retain and graduate a diverse student body at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- To encourage a learning community in and beyond the classroom that promotes academic excellence and personal development of students. Leadership participation and community involvement will be emphasized. Understanding and appreciating diversity will be embraced in order to prepare students for life after the university experience.
- To offer programs and services for students that enhance their quality of life at CI. In addition, the Division of Student Affairs will offer programs and services that foster positive relationships between members of the campus and surrounding communities.
- To prepare students for life-long learning and ongoing personal development; provide opportunities for the learning and development of the whole person; and to continually evaluate and improve the quality of programs and services offered to students.
Student Leadership | Multicultural Engagement | Career Development
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to on-going and continuous improvement. As part of our evaluation process, we invite you to share feedback regarding your experience with our programs, services and staff support by completing our brief response form.